Group Financial Reporting Accountant
The Group Financial Reporting Accountant is a key role in the financial reporting team, leading the group consolidation for re-forecast, budgets and year end. This role also assists the Financial Reporting Manager and Group Financial Controller with the preparation of the interim and annual reports.
What you'll be doing
As Group Financial Reporting Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Producing the Group’s monthly consolidated management accounts and assisting in the preparation of the monthly board report
- Preparing detailed calculations and analysis, and record accounting entries relating to complex areas for use in the consolidated group reporting
- Working closely with the UK Divisional Finance teams, the Treasury team and other key business stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely completion of the consolidation process, resolving issues in a timely manner
- Analysis of Group head office costs and business partner to cost centre owner to assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assisting in the preparation of the Annual report and half year results statements for issue to the stock exchange
- Liaise with external auditors on the audit of the consolidated and group financial statements to ensure that the Group audit is successfully completed
- Preparing individual financial statements for Group entities to meet filing deadlines
- Maintaining the Group Consolidation Platform (SAP BPC), supporting users on structural changes, reporting enhancements and with training. Liaising with Group I.T and our external support partner to resolve issues and drive continuous improvement
- Supporting Greencore’s Irish Ingredients Business with monthly reporting, forecasting and budgeting
- Assisting in the research and assessment of technical accounting issues and ad hoc project work as required
What we’re looking for
You should be a trained Chartered Accountant, ideally of degree calibre, with a recent qualification and have intermediate IFRS knowledge, gained from previous roles. You should also be an intermediate-advanced user of Excel.
As you would expect, you should have strong analytical skills with the ability to research, understand and resolve a wide range of finance issues. Also essential is your ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities, with a determination to achieve specific goals.
It’s not all about systems, however, you will liaise with people from different divisions and organisations, so your ability to communicate effectively is essential.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.