General Manager - Boston
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
We are recruiting for a General Manager for our Boston site.
This exciting role will lead our Boston operation where we have around 550 colleagues, producing ready to eat salads, snacks and prepared vegetables to leading retailers such as Co-op and Aldi.
What you'll be doing
This role will be instrumental in setting and delivering a robust manufacturing strategy for Boston that is aligned to the commercial objectives of both the salads business and the overall group.
- The General Manager will lead across all functions at Boston contributing to the overall direction and performance of the Salads business
- Responsible for designing, setting and delivering the manufacturing strategy
- Provide robust people leadership, development and direction at Boston to ensure all colleagues are capable, engaged, focused and delivering
- Ensure all functions across the site have measurable objectives, regular reviews of performance and the opportunity to grow, leading to a culture of high performance and high engagement
- Champion key standards across Health & Safety, Quality and Service
- Deliver year on year improvement on cost through our business improvement and capital programmes
- Operate within a matrix organisational structure to build great relationships and share best practice
What we’re looking for
- Substantial experience leading, inspiring and developing cross functional teams having held a similar role in a fast-paced consumer goods environment
- Prior experience in food manufacturing, particularly produce is advantageous but not essential, consideration will be given to wider FMCG categories
- Successful track record of driving, implementing and embedding change
- Someone who is a commercial astute operations leader with a significant focus on colleagues and the end customer
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.