Front Line Manager - Days
What you'll be doing
As Front Line Manager you will have responsibility for a particular area and will ensure that production is in line with the agreed production plan at all times.
You’ll also be managing the team and ensuring that performance within your area is maximised. You’ll achieve this through careful monitoring, identifying trends within a particular area and acting upon opportunities to increase quality and performance. You’ll also understand the value of great communication and you’ll run daily meetings along with weekly briefings for your team to ensure they are clearly focused on their key objectives and as individuals, developed to maximise their potential.
Working closely with your team, you’ll monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment to ensure performance consistency and reliability, with a key focus on promoting safe working environment at all times.
Shift Pattern: Friday - Tuesday
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience of working within Food Manufacturing is essential, so we’ll be looking for you to bring with you prior experience of working within a similar role and experience of leading a team and working within tight timescales.
- An accreditation in basic food hygiene and HACCP would be extremely beneficial.
- Our Line Managers are a key part in how we run our business, as we put People at the Core, so it's important that you have the ability and passion for leading and managing people.
- An understanding of Lean manufacturing or experience of working on efficiency projects would be useful and you’ll certainly need a real eye for detail as we’ll be looking for you to identify opportunities for improvement and have the ideas to be able to advance them.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we have a team of around 2,700 colleagues. We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, baguettes, rolls, sushi and the new range of salads for Marks & Spencer.
Our Northampton site has two restaurants with hot food available to all our colleagues.