Are you studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification e.g. CIMA or ACCA? Do you have some experience working in an accounts / finance environment?
We are recruiting for a Financial Accountant to be based at our Manton Wood site in Worksop, Nottinghamshire.
As FinancialAccountant you will be responsible for the Heathrow site accounts includingpreparation offinancial reports and historical financial performance information to enable others to identify exceptions which require further action.
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
25 days annual leave entitlement + 8 bank holidays
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts from basic data (AR and AP transactions) to ensure the balances are in line with accounting standards
- Create journals from basic data for approval and processing within the general ledger to assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statements
- Validate expenses to ensure approval is granted within the business unit and group guidelines
- Produce and submit VAT returns
- Investigating account detail, responding to queries and account variances, to provide information and insight for senior management
- Overhead reporting - investigation of variance analysis
The Ideal Candidate
- Studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification - AAT, ACCA or CIMA or qualified.
- Experience of working in a similar financial role
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of double entry book keeping