FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative
What you'll be doing
We are recruiting a Warehouse Operative (FLT & PPT) to be based at our Selby site. The purpose of this role to load/unload vehicles, picking and moving materials, packaging and pallets between the factory and warehouse areas to facilitate the daily production plan.
We operate on a rotating shift pattern working 40 hours per week between the hours of 06:00 to 14:00 (standard day shift) and 14:00 to 22:00 (standard afternoon shift).
What we’re looking for
The day to day role will be clearly assigned by the team leader and the main responsibilitieswill include:
- Controlling pallet movements;
- Supplying ingredients, pallets and packaging to production;
- Removal of waste and recyclables;
- Load and unloading vehicles;
- Ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy in line with site Health, Safety and Environmental policies;
- Ensuring fork lift truck is used and maintained in line with site Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What you’ll get in return
- Fork Lift Truck trained;
- Knowledge of warehouse operations including Safe Systems of Work and Practices;
- Knowledge of raw materials and packaging used in the industry;
- Knowledge of stock control procedures;
- Ability to work in a busy environment;
- Computer literacy;
- Excellent communication skills.
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.