Electro Mechanical Electrician- 1st Shift
- Have good understanding of electronic circuits and components.
- Able and willing to follow directions as issued by supervisor.
- Responsible and self-motivated.
- Troubleshoot and repair of items such as power supplies, control boards, actuators, controllers, indicators, etc. utilizing various types of test equipment such as meters, signal source generators, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Locate and repair defective soldering on PC boards and sub assembly boards.
- Read and follow setup procedures found in maintenance instruction manuals for various types of equipment such as check weighers, metal detectors, oven control systems, speed control systems, etc.
- Locate and identify replacement components required to repair sub assemblies utilizing available technical manuals and parts manuals.
- Fabricate cables and connectors for interface of equipment such as computers.
- Practice good housekeeping, including clean up at end of shift.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (G.M.P.’s) at all times.
- Verbally communicate instructions, problems, etc. to co-workers, supervisors and employees from all departments.
- Meet Company attendance standards of start and end time for work as scheduled.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
- Comply with Company rules, regulations and policies.
- May perform other functions as assigned.
- Any foreign materials found in product or ingredients need to be reported to a supervisor immediately.
The Ideal Candidate
- Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
- Experience working with PLCs
- Ability to use hands and fingers.
- Able to see, hear and talk.
- Ability to lift/move up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels; hearing protection may be required.
- Walk up to 400 yards to work and break areas.
- Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions/problems.
- Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Stand eight hours per shift.
- Repetitive reaching over head, under and across throughout shift.
- May crawl under equipment to reach work areas.
- May climb steps to and from break and work areas.
- Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in close proximity to others.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions.
- Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
- Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
- May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to electrical shock, fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
- May be required to work in high precarious places and in outside weather conditions.
- Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
- Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
- Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum five years experience as an Industrial Electrician.
- Capable of repairing speed controllers, heat controllers, Icore type check weights, metal detectors, Nordson glue systems, Avery labeling equipment, and photo detection systems.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and at times independently.
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.