An exciting opportunity has arisen at ourBristolsite for aDevelopment Chef to join us on a12 Month FTC. This is a fantastic development opportunity which will provide stretch and a new challenge.
You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c.11,800 colleagues across 16manufacturing sites we supply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here atBristolwe are the UKs leading producer of Chilled Sauces & Soups! From our site we supply over 37% of the UKs chilled sauces and 20% of the countrys chilled soups to both Sainsburys & Asda.
The NPD team are involved in all aspects of bringing a new product to market - from initial concept and bringing them right through to life on shelf, in store.
They are now seeking a creative Development Chef to join them who has a strong creative flair and the ability to encourage creative thinking within a team, you must also be commercially aware and enjoy keeping up to date with new food trends!
What you'll be doing
- Improving existing recipes & delivering innovation, providing creative food leadership andyou will bepushing the boundaries of conventional food development to deliver fabulous products.
- Work closely with PD, Process and Commercial to ensure alignment and delivery of the overall strategy, making sure that technical & operational requirements are always a key consideration in meeting customer needs
- Assist with customer visits - i.e. helping to set up room, organising lunch, cleaning up.
- Organise samples requested by customer, prepares samples as instructed, wrapping, packing and labelling.
What we’re looking for
- You will have a real passion for food and possess a creative mind-set to channel your imagination.
- Ideally you will have advanced through the ranks as a career chef within the restaurant trade before moving into food manufacturing and gaining experience in product development and food technology.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment is ideal in order to translate your creative elements into finished products for high volume manufacturing.
- Youll have a meticulous attention to detail and wed look for you to be keeping very detailed records for your recipes.
- Youll also understand the commercial side to cooking so youll be able to cost and replicate recipes.
If this sounds like you,join us andgrow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.