Despatch Operator - Skilled role - Days
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Atherstone, we have a team of around 550 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps, rolls, bircher pots and toasties for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Starbucks, Aldi, Cafe Nero and the Munch brand sold in WH Smith travel outlets.
What you'll be doing
Due to recent expansion we are currently recruiting for skilled despatch operatives for daytime positions (5 out of 7) - 6am-2:30pm
This role involves picking all individual depot/store orders to the required deadlines to meet the vehicle departure times on a daily basis.
- To carry an hourly CCP check on the departments metal detectors, to ensure all functions of the machine are working correctly.
- To liaise with the technical and production department on any issues
- Maintain records and have a sound understanding for the machine functions, which you will audited on a weekly basis.
- Ensuring all orders are being picked accurately , and deliveries are placed in the appropriate pallets at all times.
- Logging product shortages and reporting them to a manager at the end of each shift.
- Ensuring all trays are stacked and kept in the designated place before shift ends.
- Maintaining the depots cleanliness and tidiness in work areas at all times.
- Ensuring all PPE issued is worn at all times
The main roles for skilled despatch operators are as follows:
Checks – To ensure relevant checks are completed on CCP’s to ensure food standard are maintained.
Packer - The despatch packer receives finished products from production, checks their quality and packs the correct quantity into specified packaging.
Picker - The despatch picker selects products to fill customer orders in accordance with given specifications.
Loader - A loader works as a member of a team, loading, picking Greencore-Food to Go customer orders onto vehicles for delivery.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent attention to detail
- You will be hardworking and determined.
- We are looking for candidates who are willing to undertake other duties if needed and act in the company’s best interest at all times.
- Experience of Picking would be advantageous.
- Experience working in a chilled environment is preferred.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.