A vacancy has arisen at our Carmarthen depot for a Supervisor. This is a permanent full time position.
The Depot Supervisor role is responsible for working with the Depot Manager to achieve the required depot performance through effective planning, organisation, direction and control of the depot team.
- Work with the Depot Manager to achieve the required depot performance through effective planning, organisation, direction and control of the depot team.
- Plan and direct shift resources and equipment, responding to identified risks and issues by appropriately redirecting resource to meet planned outputs
- Actively manage a safe environment at all times by ensuring all tasks are conducted in a safe manner, as defined in the H&S plan and ensuring all equipment and resources are in a safe operating condition
- Build positive working relationships and address localised operational risks and issues
- Provide leadership and direction to shift teams to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering their potential
- Ensure all mandatory/skills training is up to date in line with audit requirements
- Propose and implement continuous improvement so that duplication and non-value adding activity is removed
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be able to be self-motivated and flexible, be able to use your own initiative and a good communicator at all levels. Experience of managing a team would be an advantage.