Depot Supervisor / Transport Supervisor
We are recruiting for a Depot Supervisor / Transport Supervisor to be based at our Wymonham Depot in Norfolk.
This role is working 5 days per week Tuesday to Saturday mornings.
As Depot Supervisor/ Transport Supervisor you will plan and lead a shift transport team so that they deliver the required products to customers/distribution centres in a timely manner and consistently operating in a manner which ensure the quality and safety of food goods and compliance with legislative and Group standards.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team to ensure that they are appropriately trained, operate to Group policy standards and shift performance is maximised
- Monitor operational practices to ensure that safety and compliance with the road traffic act are the critical priorities at all times
- chedule and complete maintenance of the vehicle fleet to ensure compliance with the vehicle check and servicing practices, cleanliness, food safety requirements and leasing agreements
- Maintain close communication with Greencore sites and customers/depots to ensure that all parties are kept informed of any schedule or revised collection or delivery times
- Provide information and insight to inform the creation of the weekly route plans and associated drivers’ roster
- Monitor and adapt route and/or resource plans in response to any changes so that distribution service operates with maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Supervise the loading of vehicles to ensure that it is in the correct order in alignment with the vehicle route
The Ideal Candidate
- Numerate and literate
- Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Basic computer literacy – able to utilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
- Experience of leading a team who work remotely
- Experience of promoting cost efficiency
- Experience in a similar role
About the Company
Greencore - Direct to Store is the distribution arm of the Greencore Food to Go business; and the key route to market for the Greencore Sutherland Deli brand.
We provide a one-stop-shop for customers requiring a quick and easy route into own brand sandwiches: product development, manufacture, ordering, and distribution.
We own and run 220 vans, never using third party distributors. Each day, our vans deliver direct to 7,500 convenience and forecourt outlets from our 16 depots nationwide.
Our unique sales and ordering system, and our ability to pick by unit rather than case, ensures every customer receives exactly what they have ordered irrespective of their position on the run. Orders can be taken by phone, fax, or EDI and we provide sales advice based on our unique database of information.