You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here in Boston we employ around 400 colleagues and produce ready to eat salads, prepared vegetables and snacks for many of the major retailers such as Coop, Boots, Greggs, Costco, Spar and BOL.
What you'll be doing
As a Demand Planner you will maintain the forecasting tool, demand and material data and deliver forecasting trends and demand analysis to ensure successful launches, day to day operational production and delisting of products.
- Maintain the forecasting tools and manage data quality to ensure robust predicted demand figures are generated to inform the S&OP process
- Overlay business intelligence (customer, market, trend and historical data) onto the forecasts to provide analysis and insight into trends, at both product and category level, to enhance production planning decision making
- Lead the process for forecasting volumes, creating day to day operational/production plans and complete retrospective activity analysis for a given SKU or promotional event to ensure that customer requirements are met and profitable business is sustained
- • Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and optimise performance to deliver business effectiveness and cost efficiency
Hours: Mon-Fri with weekend on-call rota
What we’re looking for
- Prior experience in a similar planning/analyst position with forecasting experience
- Highly numerate and analytical with exceptional attention to detail
- Commercial experience and acumen with high degree of customer focus
- Proactive with problem solving and decision making skills
- Previous experience of working for/with key retails - ideally within Food.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.