Continuous Improvement Technician
The Continuous Improvement Technician assists in the coordination of Lean transformation activities, champions change, and is a resource for Lean improvement techniques. This position provides leadership, guidance, and follow-through to support the completion of departmental sustainment goals and objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate a variety of action items to sustain improvements made during Kaizen Events:
Monitor 30 day follow-up activities and reports
Work with management teams to sustain results
Verify and validates that corrective actions from Kaizen events and CAPA’s (Corrective Action / Preventative Action) are being sustained
- Train associates in Lean Principles in classroom sessions
- Facilitate Point Kaizen events
- Participate in daily and week-long Kaizen Events.
- Interact with various departments, such as engineering, sales, marketing, or operations to complete assigned goals and objectives achieved during Kaizen Events or those that facilitate continuous improvement.
- Analyze data to identify Kaizen opportunities
- Work individually or as a team member to perform root cause analysis.
- Maintain and update the site’s SQDC (safety, quality, delivery, cost) metrics
- Develop standard operations sheets and all applicable forms/flow charts created during Kaizen events
- Help build a CI culture across the organization.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll need:
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two (2) years of college courses, preferred
- Two (2) or more years working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to Identify Problems
- Interested and capable in solving problems and driven to execute
- Very strong communication skills
- Demonstrated effective team player
The CI Tech is critical to sustaining the work from Kaizen events and Point Kaizen activities. They will work in the areas after the execution of the Kaizen events to ensure sustainment and facilitate problem solving when issues occur.
Other Skills & Abilities:
The CI Tech needs to have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications to analyze and track data as well as building communication messages/charts.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.