Continuous Improvement Specialist
The Continuous Improvement Specialist drives sustainable continuous improvements within Peacock facilities, delivering breakthrough results in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost (SQDC), while building cultural change throughout the organization. The CI Lead works closely with plant leadership and department employees to achieve results.
This position requires strong Lean Manufacturing and hands-on leadership skills, along with a passion for Operational Excellence, to be successful.
- Leads and facilitates week long Kaizen events to achieve breakthrough improvements
- Trains other leaders to execute 1-2 day Point Kaizen events to achieve small improvements
- Facilitates long-term continuous improvement projects from beginning through completion across various work groups
- Trains associates in lean tools and techniques (including 7 wastes, 5S, standard work, set-up reduction, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), flow, value stream mapping, etc)
- Coordinates and lead internal audits around Lean principles (5S, standard work, TPM, etc).
- Monitors 30 day follow-up activities and reports
- Ensures that corrective actions have been developed, implemented and are effective.
- Works with management teams to sustain results
- Maintains and update the site’s SQDC (safety, quality, delivery, cost) metrics
- Develops standard operations sheets and all applicable forms/flow charts created during Kaizen events
- Develops tracking tools and measures to support CI initiatives
- Develops business case justification for projects and initiatives
- Benchmarks performance across the facilities and industry to identify areas of opportunity.
- Challenges the status quo to find ways to optimize manufacturing performance to deliver superior results
- Builds a CI culture across the organization.
The Ideal Candidate
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred
- Two (2) or more years in a manufacturing environment.
- One (1) to three (3) years of CI experience, preferred
- Ability to Identify Problems
- Interested and capable in solving problems and driven to execute
- Very strong communication skills
- Demonstrated effective team player
The CI Specialist possesses extensive facilitation skills and hands-on experience in continuous improvement manufacturing activities. A strong application knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing techniques and related CI tools are required: Standard Work, Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen Events, Value Stream Mapping, OEE, First Hour Full Power, 5S, 7 Wastes, Pit Stop Changeovers, etc. This person should be recognized as a change agent, challenging the status quo to drive to operations excellence.
The CI Specialist needs to also possess leadership skills to drive the overall CI process across the facility, without having direct reporting relationships at the plant. He/she will work closely with the CI Manager, but must also be able to leverage his/her power of influence with the Plant Manager and the site leadership team.
Other Skills & Abilities:
The CI Specialist needs to be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Minitab to analyze and track data as well as building communication messages/charts.
About the Company
Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits, salads and Consumer Product Goods, convenience retail and food service. In the UK Greencore is a leading manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings.