You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here in Boston we employ around 400 colleagues and produce ready to eat salads, prepared vegetables and snacks for many of the major retailers.
This site is a fast moving and complex chilled food business with a large customer base producing 150+ products over multiple categories handling 370 raw materials across 95 suppliers.
What you'll be doing
- Ensuring product quality, safety and legality on site is maintained and aligned to internal and external standards including Legislative requirements; Retailer COP’s and best practices or standards)
- Complete site Gap analysis against requirements and implement and co-ordinate actions where required
- Complete regular reviews of new policies, procedures, guidelines and alerts.
- Ensure that internal Quality Management System (QMS) and Food Safety system on site meets all retailer requirements and technical standards
- HACCP Team Coordinator for site including co-ordination of meetings/recording minutes and maintaining HACCP action plan and associated documentation.
- Monitoring, maintaining and reviewing site VACCP & TACCP plans with a view to move to integrity assessment.
- Review, improvement and maintenance of site procedures ensuring compliance to all relevant legislative and customer requirements.
- Take an active role in implementation of requirements and advise and support technical team and wider site functions to maintain compliance.
- Take an active role in preparation and completion of all site audits
- Complete internal audits as part of the site audit team.
What we’re looking for
- Degree caliber – Relevant Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiological qualification
- Food Hygiene level 4 or equivalent
- Level 3 HACCP certified and Level 2 Health and Safety
- Microbiological Training Level 3
- Basic allergen awareness / practical knowledge of the management of allergens
- Demonstrates experience, at technologist level, of working with a retailer; Expertise in interpretation of customer code of practice; Competent in the use of customer technical databases
- Demonstrates experience of maintaining an internal audit program
- Demonstrates experience of maintaining a Quality Management System
- Demonstrates experience of delivery of BRC certification and / or equivalent certification standards
- Demonstrates experience of using Root Cause Analysis techniques for problem solving
- Demonstrates expertise of applying food legislation to manufacturing products
These may be trained or developed. These do not all need to be in place at recruitment.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.