You may not have heard of us, but were sure youve tried our products. Were a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c.11,800 colleagues across 16manufacturing sites we supply all the UKs food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our site in Kiveton employs over 600 and is the largest quiche bakery, producing more than 42 million quiche each year along with a wide range of ready meals and soups.
Within their Marketing team they are now seeking a new Category Manager looking after a range of their chilled food categories!
What you'll be doing
As Category Manager you will lead the ongoing relationship with our customer to provide a single point of contact, ensuring consistency of communication.
You will be required to analyse and interpret category reports to generate actionable insight which will improve business, customer performance and drive sustainable growth for both our business and the customer.
You will use category insight from multiple data sources to create strategies and plans which utilise the appropriate marketing mix to respond and align to the customer needs.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and drive a 2-3 year vision and road map outlining specific actions that will be required.
- Provide whole category analysis, recommendations and advice based on solid insight internally and externally always championing what is best for the category.
- Develop long term independent partnerships with our customer Proactively leading category meetings such as new buyer inductions, performance updates, range reviews, store trials.
- Provide clear useful and unique insight internally and externally from advanced data analysis, generating ideas that will drive growth or address performance issues for the category.
- Champion the Category Vision and contribute to the annual planning process, clearly guiding strategic direction for your account.
What we’re looking for
- You will be educated to degree level and have experience within an FMCG environment; you will have knowledge, skill and experience of a Category Manager / customer facing role.
- You will also have experience working with one of the top four retailers
- You will have a good understanding of the retail environment and market place, strong communication and influencing skills as youll be presenting your recommendations and future plans to the customer on a regular basis, engaging the customer and delivering compelling category stories.
- You must also have good numerical and analytical skill, in addition to being confident in preparing and delivering presentations.
Not only will you be working for one of the countrys leading food manufacturers youll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.