Category Development Assistant
We currently have an opportunity to join the commercial team at Greencore Food to Go, Europe’s largest sandwich manufacturer. The role is a unique one, in that it will be based at the Head Office of one of our key clients (The Co-op Group) working in their Category Development function.
- Review and analyse sales and wastage data and produce weekly reports for the Category Buyer.
- Produce supplier briefs, create new POS and marketing material and brief stores on up and coming changes.
- Creating and maintaining information on Meal Deal and working with the Marketing team to create the required POS for in store execution.
- Maintain and manage the current range of Food to Go products through sales analysis, monitoring of quality, label standards and ensuring all products adhere to the Co-operative Group polices.
- Organise & attend routine panels for benchmarking and quality control and feedback to suppliers. Maintain and manage the rota list for products to be reviewed and share with the wider Food to Go team.
- Organising and supporting the wider Food to Go team with planning of panel dates and trials at suppliers, market review meetings and samples.
- Manage product launches and de-lists ensuring that all codes & product barcodes are produced and communicated internally and to suppliers
- Support the category buyer on Food to Go project
The role will be principally office based at The Co-operative Group HQ in Manchester.
The Ideal Candidate
Candidates must have exceptional numeracy skills and an appetite for analysis of data, along with the ability to interpret and make effective recommendations. Excellent reporting skills (e.g. spreadsheets, power point, written reports, tables, and graphs) are also a must.
Good interpersonal skills and good communication skills (written & verbal) are essential and it would be beneficial to have an understanding of food retailing in the UK and a genuine interest in convenience food products, their development, launch & sale.
Being able to work accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines is essential along with a demonstration of excellent administration and time-management skills. The ability to effectively prioritise tasks and good computer skills will be very important.
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK and have a full