Business Improvement Manager - Northampton
Do you love working in fast paced environment? Do you love to drive change? Do you have experience working within business improvement?
We are currently recruiting for a Business Improvement Manager based at our site in Northampton
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Northampton, we have a team of around 2,700 colleagues. We are the sole supplier of sandwiches, wraps, baguettes, rolls, sushi and the new range of salads for Marks & Spencer.
Our Northampton site has two restaurants with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What you'll be doing
You’ll need to be a passionate and challenge orientated individual who can take the lead in delivering change and excellent results in a fast-paced environment.
You will be a key member of the Atherstone site as you’ll be driving and developing continuous improvement and implementing lean manufacturing techniques within an FMCG environment.
- Define stretching site financial BI targets, aligned with the divisional % Cost of Goods targets defined in current/next year budget and longer term strategic plans
- Work with site and divisional colleagues to develop a pipeline of achievable BI initiatives capable of delivering the agreed BI targets
- Manage delivery of BI initiatives within agreed timescales and financial targets, leveraging the skills/resource of the local BI/Operations team and negotiating additional skills/resource/ capital from additional stakeholders (Site/Division/Group/ Externals) where necessary
- Manage site deployment of the Greencore Manufacturing Excellence (GME) Programme to full maturity, using Process Confirmations to measure and drive adoption. Be a strong GME advocate for your site.
- Build site capability to deliver business improvements through coaching GME principles and tools – primarily with the BI team and extending to relevant colleagues from Operations and other functions
- Promote full adoption of the GME KPI suite and Performance Management Process (PMP) and their role in identifying future BI opportunities
- Be an active member of the Greencore BI community, contributing to and drawing from best practice standards to help drive coordinated group-wide performance improvement
- Identify and coach/develop suitable non-BI colleagues into a BI-ready talent pool from which future BI recruits can be sourced
- Lead and direct the site BI team
What we’re looking for
- The role would suit a degree qualified Manufacturing Manager or Business Improvement manager who is people orientated and has a previous track record of achieving goals through developing their teams, as well as delivering behavioural training and coaching. Because we need you to develop a team, you’ll need to have experience of facilitating group problem solving sessions and be an effective manager.
- You’ll need to have a proven track record of leading changes and delivering results as a Lean practitioner, either as an external or internal consultant. It would be great (although not essential) if you were Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified.
- We need you to have previous manufacturing experience in a recognised world class lean enterprise and be an effective leader of business process changes.You will need to be PC literate with fantastic communication skills and the ability to negotiate and develop your team
- Strong knowledge of chilled food processing techniques and methods
- Strong understanding of Engineering principles
- Experience of managing Projects (preferred)
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.