Business Account Manager FTC
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Selby we employ a team of over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces, table sauces and pickles. We’ve been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
So, if you are looking for a new opportunity within a high performing team on a fixed term basis, then we could have a role at Selby that is made for you.
What you'll be doing
Responsible for the management, motivation and development of the trading partnership between Greencore and the specified customer base(s) whilst developing and delivering sustained profitable growth
- Create and execute customer specific account plans by using trends and insight to maximise sales value and profitability through a business plan approach
- Identify and develop, in line with customer requirements, new business opportunities within the division and maximise the benefits for both parties through the development, negotiation and delivery of joint business plans
- Establish, develop and maintain close working long term relationship with key customers, building market and competitor knowledge to identify and proactively satisfy customer requirements; develop and act on potential new business opportunities
- Work proactively with the category, PD and commercial finance team to develop a product offer that improves sales and margin taking into account shopper and financial insight
- Proactively challenge the business way of working to help develop and drive positive change throughout the business and within the customer partnership
What we’re looking for
- Degree calibre
- Broad knowledge of the convenience food market
- Experience of at least one of the top four retailers ideal
- Division management experience
- Previous account management experience
- FMCG experience
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.