Asset Care Technician
Taking ownership of machinery, area and equipment and the consistent application of processes within a given area/line to ensure products are prepared/manufactured to the agreed standards and production plans.
- Deliver line/area productivity and efficiently targets, resolving problems and issues as they arise, produce ingredients or goods in line with the agreed production plan.
- Continuously monitor raw materials/ingredients, all operational processes and the overall production environment to ensure that all activity comply with food safety manufacturing standards
- Monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment, through Optimum Equipment Efficiency (OEE), highlighting trends and issues to ensure asset performance is consist and reliable
- Promote a good health, safety and environmental culture within the department that complies with procedures, corrective actions and completes near miss reporting, to promote a safe working environment.
- First line maintenance and basic Plan Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- Strip downs and rebuild of manufacturing equipment
- Provide training of operational staff
- Assist engineers with break downs
- Basic fault finding and prevention of breakdowns
The Ideal Candidate
- Advantage of Engineering Qualification
- A good standard of education; demonstrates good literacy and numerical skills, able to understand, communicate and report clearly in English
- Experience of operating as a lead operative within an FMCG environment
- Basic Food Hygiene Accreditation, Allergen Awareness, Health and Safety (provided by Greencore)
- Good problem solving skills and experience of using Lean practises to resolve production issue or enhance performance
- Previous experience of directing a diverse workforce and leading team to deliver
About the Company
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn’t stop at being the world’s largest sandwich producer, we’re looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.